Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Question: Why is it that the happier you get the more scared you become? Whether it is in your personal or professional realm, I notice that the happier I get the more I act out as though I don't deserve it; but I know I do! Logically this makes no sense to me. How can I know something and still feel the complete opposite? This is where one needs to take a deep look into themselves and understand the reasons, and acknowledge the insecurities. Insecurities go deep into a person's psyche. It may take you years to understand why you feel uncomfortable about things, but you must first recognize those feelings & actions, and see how they relate to your life NOW; not how they made you feel in the past. We are all connected mentally and emotionally to our past. Whether it was an absent father or an unfaithful partner, those things helped us to develop a pattern (good or bad) as to how we relate and, or react to things. Although those bad patterns exist, they can be changed if dealt with properly. For sometime now I have been trying to understand why people, including myself, sabotage their happiness. It is not a thought process because if I really thought before I did a lot of things...those actions would never occur. It is all about growing up and taking responsibility for yourself...your actions, your feelings, your worth. I am great at a lot of things but I realize the things I need to work on as well. Will I ever be great at those things? Yes, in time I will. Where do you make the conversion of just saying and wanting and actually doing? Things like this do not happen overnight, and I would be fooling myself, as well as others if I say that tomorrow I won't have some of the feelings that make me react in negative ways. I can say that I will move toward making tomorrow a day that I do something positive to counteract the negative feelings. When I feel the negativity I will ask myself why. Being totally honest with myself and owning it. I would love to know your opinions to the question I asked at the beginning, "Why is it that the happier you get the more scared you become?"

No comments:

Post a Comment