Sunday, January 5, 2014

WHO ARE YOU???


WHO ARE YOU?

Hello…I’m back…
Life has been such a learning experience for me over the past year and 7 months, I have learned to give more, love more, understand and empathize more.  I am no longer that selfish, immature woman who let outside circumstances command her life.  I now face things head on and not run from them no matter how uncomfortable they are.  My journey is not over it has barely begun, with all that I have learned, I will be the first to admit that I need and want to learn more about me as a person, as a woman, mother, daughter, grandmother, and friend.   There is so much more to me than I’ve allowed you to see I am on a “Vision Quest” if you may.  How many of you are ready to take a great look at yourself not to criticize or to brow beat but to encourage, to uplift yourself and to experience self-growth?

I was asked a very potent question today, "Who are you?  Beyond being a mother, a daughter or friend, who are you?"  Have you ever been asked that dreadful question and everything in your mind seems to run or scatter?  That's exactly how I felt.  I essentially know who I am, but other than providing for my family and socializing with my friends...who really am I?  I am a quiet and sometimes shy person who has always been a loner, I am a social butterfly who wings expand beautifully when I’m in the mix at gatherings.  I am a writer who can easily express herself through words, I am a procrastinator with big ideas that sometimes fall to the wayside because I allow life to get in the way.  I am God's helper, I believe that I am here to help others...and I'm still trying to figure out in which capacity I should be of help.  I am not the same person who I thought I was a year ago or even 3 months ago, by allowing myself to be venerable to others I have been disappointed, hurt and sometimes discourage but I learned that by opening up myself to those feelings I love more, I feel more, I cherish life more.  I wish I could say that I was passed all my youthful flaws but I still have some with me, some of theme are very easily dealt with but others such as sharing my love with others is harder yet it becomes better as I learn more and more about him and me.   Who am I to stifle love? I must learn to practice what I preach when it comes to my personal life.  I’m not there yet and I may not be there in the next month but I’m working on me.  I’m ready for this journey and the things life has in store.  I’m planning to share my journey with you and hope that you will in turn share yours with me. 
Let’s gooooo!!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment